- Opening devotions — Marla read from the prophet Haggai, chapter one, who admonished the people to re-build the temple in order to please the Lord. In reflection, we were encouraged in our completion of the renovation project of our house of prayer, and in our mission to the world.
- Pastor in his report talked about his positive experience in co-leadership of worship at Julian over the past four months; He reported one funeral service provided for the late Brian Hamm, in early January, and outlined a mid-week Lenten program on the theme of “Effective Partnerships”.
- The Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday, March 12 at 11:00am
- Council members are being sought; names were discussed; council feels confident filling spots that are being vacated.
- Budget lines and salaries for 2017 were discussed; a proposed 2017 budget is being prepared for the annual meeting.
- Sabbatical status; the sabbatical committee is meeting on Monday, February 20 to review the Covenant.
- A gift to Julian of Norwich in appreciation for hosting us for 18 weeks during our renovationvacancy was discussed and decided.
- A timeline for the sanctuary preparations for the inaugural service on February 26 werediscussed.
- The Mutual Ministry committee gave a report.
- Next meeting: Monday, March 13, 2017
COUNCIL HAPPENINGS: Feb 2017
Posted in Council Happenings