- Chair, Michael Koch, opened with a Holy Week reading about Peter’s denial of Christ on the night he was betrayed. He reminded us that denying Christ has many facets, even in small ways when for example we disparage other Christians and other churches for doing things differently from us. Do we not deny Christ when we put others down?
- We adopted the minutes from the last council meeting on March 13, 2017.
- Another pastoral care workshop will be held in May, led by Rebekah Hackbusch, coordinator of spiritual care at the Bruyere Hospital and a member of Mount Calvary Lutheran Church in Ottawa. More information to come in the next few weeks. Marla DeGraaff gave a pastoral care update of some of our members who are homebound.
- Pastor facilitated a round-table discussion on debriefing our time at Julian of Norwich Anglican Church from October 2016 until February 2017. We processed some of the comments and reflections from members of the congregation.
- Council signed the “Sabbatical Covenant”; Pastor Martin begins his sabbatical on May 1 and returns September 5.
- The financials were reviewed for the past month, and council hopes to have regular statistical reporting in the bulletins
- The Reformation 500 worship service will be held on Sunday, October 29 at 11am — at Christ Church Cathedral on Sparks St. All eight ELCIC congregations will worship together, there, on that Sunday. A planning committee will be held on Tuesday, April 25, 7pm, at St. Peter’s. Council is inviting members of the congregation interested in multi-parish, sharing of ministry among.
- Property chair Randy Rodgers reported that regular, weekly meetings have resumed with Amsted with the aim to complete the renovation of the narthex hallway as soon as possible.
- Next council meeting: Thursday, May 18 @ 7pm.
COUNCIL HAPPENINGS: April 2017
Posted in Council Happenings